Friday, September 12, 2008

nothing much

so we had the funeral yesterday. it was really nice. of course we cried, but by the time we got to the little reception afterwards at the church, we were okay. the only thing left for us to do is get a headstone, which derek's aunts and uncles will pay for. apparently they just told derek this yesterday, so we are very happy that we won't have to wait for that.
on another note, i will try to update more often to appease the mindless banterer. i believe that she may have been referring to me in one of her latest blogs. how can i expect her to have a new blog all the time when i'm not willing to return the favor?
also, check out the links on the side. there is a new funny blog link called seriously so blessed. check it out!

3 comments:

greenolive said...

Yes, definitely more blogs.

That's so nice that Derek's family is going to do that. I talked to mom about the funeral, and I liked that idea of the music playing. Even though we couldn't be there physically, we were there in spirit.

KiennaP said...

I am glad the service was nice. Take a pic of the headstone to share when you can. I'd like to see that.

And blgog-schmog...blog when you can. Just because it is MY obsession, doesnt mean it has to be everyone else's.. haha.

Puphigirl said...

Mom sent me pictures of the funeral. I especially liked the bubbles.