my friend, deborah, had a list on her blog of things that she loves. i really liked the idea, so i took it and made my own list.
1. my husband, derek. he is the best.
2. my son, andy. he is so sweet.
3. my daughter, emmy. she is so helpful.
4. my angel, mary. i know she's watching over me.
5. my extended family.
6. making crafts.
7. going for a drive. i don't get to do this anymore because gas is too expensive to waste.
8. lemon anything. i love the smell, taste, look...
9. getting my hair done at a salon
10. watching movies with friends or alone
11. talking through movies we've seen a hundred times
12. going to church
13. reading silly romance novels.
14. eating popcorn.
15. making lists
16. being cool in the eyes of a child.
17. talking to a girl friend for hours
18. playing card games or board games
19. seeing my children grow and become more independent.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
every year a town near mine holds an event called "the Candy Dance". i went last year for the first time. my sister-in-law and i were looking at all the different bags trying to get some inspiration for ourselves. i don't remember much candy, but i wasn't really looking for it. last year i had my kids with me. they were barely potty trained, and emmy pooped in her pants. this year i am not taking the kids. i'm going with a different sister-in-law and her mother and sister-in-law. it should be really fun.
Friday, September 24, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
i made fried green tomatoes today. i found a really easy recipe online and it had the only ingredient that i knew should be in it: bacon grease. i cooked all my bacon to get enough grease and i coated my tomato slices with the cornmeal and pepper and fried them up. i think they taste okay by themselves, but i like them with ketchup. is it weird to put ketchup on a tomato?
Saturday, September 11, 2010
you start with fabric and trim.
you pin your pieces here and there.
andy's bag almost done.
aah, one down, one to go.
Saturday, September 4, 2010
i'm going to a wedding today. i absolutely love weddings. the bride is my good friend maura. she's getting married to brian, who i still don't know very well, but would like to. i'm so excited to go and see them commit to each other for as long as they both shall live. i should probably take tissues.