Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Story Problems

I was on Facebook today and I had to hide a post of one of my friends. Usually this is because of swearing, or gross pictures, but this one was different. It was a feel-good article about a miracle baby that had been pronounced dead, but then miraculously came back to life. I can't read articles like that. It's not that I'm not happy for these people, I just don't want to share in some strangers joy when it comes to something like this. I guess because I never got that kind of miracle when I wanted it. It's been over three years since we lost our baby, but we've never gotten over it. I guess if somebody I knew had a miracle like that I would be glad for them, but it would make me feel sad. I don't know how to explain this. I don't usually do blogs like this. I try to keep things light on here. I don't want to make anybody uncomfortable, but sometimes I just need to say something, even if nobody reads it.

Okay, onto a lighter topic. Emmy just discovered that I ate some of her chocolate bunnies from her easter basket. Hee hee hee. At least she's yelling about it and not crying. It makes me laugh.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I had the same reaction. In fact, I opened the article and then closed my eyes and thought, "Do I really want to read this?" In the end I did. I had a similar reaction, but in the end I was just grateful they found the baby alive before it was too late.

My situation is very different from yours. Eli died 3 months before he and Abigail were born, so I had a lot of time to say goodbye.

I'm sorry for your loss. I don't expect it will ever get easier, and I think it would be unrealistic to think you'll ever get over it. Mary is just as much a part of your family as your Emmy and Andrew.

KiennaP said...

I can relate to this how sometimes there is a story or conversation that people have that I just try to avoid because it reminds me of things that I feel uncomfortable with or it reminds me of sad moments in my life.
Just know that Mary is a little angel watching over your family right now.

Haha, on halloween my mom would take our bags of candy and make sure that they were safe to eat making sure some creepo didn't put poison in the candy (as we saw on the news once) and while she was at it she would sneak some candy, and I would get mad at her haha.

Maura said...

I'm sorry! I think I might have been the one who posted that....and I didn't even think of the effect it would have on others.

I'm glad you feel comfortable enought so share with us.

I will never know what you and my sister have gone through but I can tell you my heart aches and I keep both of you in my thoughts often.

hugs.