Saturday, April 14, 2018

Vacay!

 Derek won a trip at work. I don't remember the particulars, but we got to go on a cruise to Mexico.
 We started off in Florida. We spent the first night in Sunrise. We stayed at an AirBnB and there was plenty of shops within walking distance for the few items we forgot to pack and for dinner that night.
 The second day of our trip we got to get on the boat. His work had a reception that night for us. We had food and drinks and got to watch a music group.

 I think it was the second night on the boat when we had a formal dinner. Derek's mom found him a suit that actually fit him and he looked quite nice, I thought.
 The third day we got off the boat and went shopping at Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico. This boat isn't ours, but it was there, too, and roughly the same size as far as I could tell.
 I really liked this open feeling shopping center. I know it's a tourist town, but it was really cute.

 The dolphins didn't want to help me get a good picture of them.
 Interesting fountain.

 We trusted a stranger to hold my phone and take our picture.

 Heading back to the boat. Very windy couple of days.
 Third day we went to Cozumel, Mexico.  The shops reminded me of California. I'm sure it was more authentic that Costa Maya, but it was more crowded and less cute, I thought.
 The ship crew was amazing. All the staff were very friendly to us. It was neat to meet people from all over the world. Their name tags all listed their countries of origin. Apparently, the housekeeping staff enjoyed towel folding. We got and elephant, frog, dinosaur, and swan.


All in all, we had a nice time. It was great to get away for a while. We didn't pay for the cell service or internet, so we were unplugged from the rest of the world the whole week. We got off the boat back in Miami and flew back to Utah where we had stashed our car at my sister's house. We ate Chinese food with 2 of my sisters 5 niblings. This isn't all the pictures. Derek sent me some on messenger from his phone, but I couldn't figure out how to upload them from my messages to my computer to then to put them on here.

No comments: