Wednesday, July 27, 2011

We've Moved!

We have moved into our new home. We are renting from a friend of ours. It's closer to Derek's work, cheaper and bigger than our last apartment. We're in a small town next to the biggest little city in the world. So far I like it. This past Friday we got the keys and brought a load of stuff over Friday night with the help of Derek's parents. When we got here we found that the keys didn't work in the locks. I called my friend and she realized that she gave me the wrong set of keys. This was about 10pm, and very dark out. She got on her way to bring us the right keys, but in the meantime we decided to break into the house. I tried to open a window and fell to the ground. That was my last attempt. Derek found a doggie door and somehow squeezed through it. I couldn't stop laughing! I didn't think he was gonna make it because he's such a big guy, but somehow he squeezed through. At the same time Derek's parents found a window they could open in a bedroom and my Mother-in-law got in about the same time as Derek. They let the rest of us in and we started unloading stuff. Our landlady came soon after that and we tested out the keys to be sure we got the right ones this time. It was all just a very funny situation. so far we like all the people that we've met. I have one person who lives near that I've known for years since she we both used to live in another town. The kids have already started school. Actually, Emmy's only done an assessment. The kindergarteners start a week later than all the other kids. Andrew's been doing well so far in 1st grade. He still hasn't learned any kids name, but he has friends that he plays with everyday.

5 comments:

greenolive said...

Oh Man, I wish I could have seen that! fambeful

EmmaP said...

i still can't believe they started already. are they in year-round?
pics of the house please...

Ruthykins said...

I'm not going to post pictures of the house. Weirdos might figure out where I live. I might do some inside pictures, though, once we've gotten everything put away. part of the living room is still full of boxes.

EmmaP said...

Inside pics would be good!

Oh - and the nice thing is no more "apartment noise". Yay for that!!!

okeydokeyifine said...

it is a very humble house. but we are supposed to take care of our homes even if it is a hut with a dirt floor.