Thursday, October 18, 2012

Nephew's Got a Brand New Bag

Well, so far we've made good progress on Halloween stuff.  Emmy's costume is completely done, Andrew's is almost done, and I still need to make my riding hood, but I at least have the fabric.  Yesterday I got a text message from a sister-in-law asking me if I had made her son a trick or treating bag last year.  I told her I did the bags at least two years ago, so he wouldn't have been born yet, and therefore no bag was made for him.  Luckily, I'm a packrat.  I still had the fabric leftovers from when I made the bag for her daughter.  I used a different color to line it, though, and a different trim.  Hers was a rick rack I think and his is a satin ribbon that says boo.  Now they'll be able to tell the difference.  Here's a picture of the little boy's bag I finished yesterday.
Now I just need to get it to my Father-in-law so that he can deliver it for me.  It's hard to live so far away from everybody.

2 comments:

PJ and Annie said...

got it last night! so cute! thanks! :)

KiennaP said...

So impressed, you are just so talented!