Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer is (almost) Starting!

Andy's last day of school is tomorrow. The two very best days of school are the first one and the last one. I don't think he quite realizes that he'll be done with school for the whole summer. Emmy's birthday is this Saturday and a friend of hers is having a birthday party that day. This year Emmy finally gets to go to this girl's party because Emmy isn't having a party. Their birthdays are so close that every year their parties have been on the same day. Emmy will be having a birthday dinner this Sunday at Nana and Grampa's house. She's very excited. My brother EJ is coming to visit for a couple of days. We're looking forward to that. As of now he's still driving. He's bringing his girlfriend so we'll get to meet her. I don't know anything about her, and I have no idea what's been told her about me. Lately there's been a lot of visiting going on. One of my sisters was here this past weekend with her three kids. Last night two of my nieces and nephews came to town for a month long visit. They are staying with Nana and Grandpa, so we'll see them frequently. I'm not going anywhere till August when I go on vacation to Indiana. Two of my siblings live there and most of my family will be there for a family reunion. The kids and I are really looking forward to it. As of now, Derek will not be going with us. It's been a few years since he's come to a reunion with me. Once I went to his family's reunion without him. It's not that he doesn't want to go, it's just that it never seems to work out. Secretly I think he thinks we're all a bunch of weirdos. Well, maybe it's not so secret. Anyway, that's my update for now. We're enjoying the niece and nephew, ages 10 and 9. Maybe I should take pictures of fun things so their parents can see them. I'm sure their being greatly missed.

4 comments:

greenolive said...

Well most of us got to see Derek two years ago when we were out. Hopefully he will get to come out here to one of them in Indiana so he can fall in love with it and you can move here. Hope Emmy's dinner goes well and you have tons of fun with your visiting cousins. BTW try to find out what EJ's girlfriend was told about me.

Puphigirl said...

When EJ and Liz were here we talked a little about their visits so far. I think EJ told her that Sarah is the quiet one. She was like, "Sarah talked to me quite a bit, I don't think she's shy and quiet." Then I said, "By comparison to the rest of us she is the quiet one. You haven't met Emma yet." But I do wonder what he told her of my family before they came here.

EmmaP said...

yeah, thanks naomi. she told me that you said i was a big mouth. i then told her, oh, well Naomi's a liar. haha.

okeydokeyifine said...

Well, she told me that you are all crazy and that EJ is the only Normal one....hahahaha.
Actually, I think she just took it all in and is looking forward to getting to know us all.